Animal adoption scheme conditions
- SNIP accepts no responsibility as to description, condition, temperament, behaviour or health of the cat and provides no warranty, condition, representation or other term of any kind expressed or implied other than such warranties, conditions, representations and terms to the extent to which they cannot be legally excluded (whether in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or any legislation amending or replacing the same, or otherwise).
- Any information concerning the habits and past history of the cat is passed on by SNIP to the Adopter in good faith. This is based on statements made by the previous owner/feeder, however, and there is no guarantee of reliability. SNIP is unable, therefore, to accept liability for any consequences whatever resulting from events attributable to the failure to give information or the transmission of wrong information provided that nothing in these conditions excludes SNIP’s liability for fraud.
Responsibilities of Pet Ownership
- The cat is believed to be in normal health on leaving the animal establishment except where specific conditions have been made known to the Adopter in writing. Subject to Condition 1, it is regretted that SNIP is unable to accept liability for any expenses or costs of any kind arising from sickness or injury of any nature developed by the cat (whether or not any known existing conditions or symptoms of the cat are made known to the Adopter prior to this Agreement) and the responsibility for and cost of future treatment shall be borne by the Adopter.
- Attention is drawn to the possible liability of the Adopter for damage and injury which they may cause to third parties or their property. In particular liability may arise in negligence under Section 8 of the Animals Act 1971. The possibility of an action for nuisance against the Adopter as a result of the cat’s behaviour should also be recognised.
- SNIP strongly advises the Adopter to arrange appropriate insurance cover against risks referred to in this Agreement and also the costs of veterinary treatment.
- The Adopter agrees to comply with all relevant regulations, legislation and laws concerning the welfare, control, responsible ownership and protection of animals (including without limitation the Animal Welfare Act 2006).
- Subject to conditions 1 and 9, SNIP’s maximum liability under or in connection with this Agreement shall not exceed the Fee paid by the Adopter for the cat.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or in any way limit SNIP’s liability for fraud, or for the death or personal injury caused by its negligence or any other liability or consumer rights which it cannot legally exclude or limit.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, it shall so far as it is unenforceable, be deemed deleted and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall continue to apply.
- The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to this Agreement. English law will apply to this Agreement.